Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year; New Life

My childhood friend Janet just had a baby boy today...or last night, I'm not exactly sure! But I am very happy for her. Janet was my sister's friend in middle and high school, but she lived across the street from us and felt like one of the family. She always could smell dinner in the oven and would show up right on time;-) I always appreciated Janet because I was a full five years younger than her, but she treated me like an equal and never made me feel like I was in the way, which to a little sister who looked up to her sister and her friends, was really special. I am glad she has been so blessed with a good husband and healthy new baby. Congratulations Janet!

1 comment:

Janet Olson said...

Girl, you are too sweet. Brought a tear to my eye. And yes I definitly could smell dinner. Pepper is the best cook ever!