
I love Turner Classic Movies; it's one of my favorite television channels. I was really happy that every weekend this December, they have had classic Disney movies on, some you have heard of and some that are more obscure. These are the kind of movies my sister and I were raised on, and I was glad that they were being given the nod they deserve, because they are quite fantastic movies. Yesterday, they had a documentary on Walt Disney and I caught the last half of it. He was an extraordinary person and it touched me, frankly! I don't think his accomplishments get the credit they deserve. It goes waaaay beyond Mickey Mouse and theme parks. He was a historian, producer, traveler, and dreamer. His favorite animated film he ever made was Cinderella, because he related to the "rags to riches" story. So this little post is in tribute to Walt, and to dreams...for the new year for everyone, that the dreams that you wish will come true!
1 comment:
This is beautiful lil' sis. Grammie watched Herbie the Love Bug yesterday and loved it! I wish I could have seen the documentary on Walt Disney. I agree he is an underated genius :)
Post a Comment