Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrrrr




Wow is it frigid outside. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen snow in December. Growing up on the coast IF it ever snowed, it was usually January or February, and even then it was more like rain, snow, and sleet combined, which can be cozy but not exactly picturesque. HOWEVER the Portland Metro area is caught in an Arctic weather pattern, courtesy of the Bering Sea and it is downright cold and should be all week. So today I am at home catching up on some things and just enjoying the beauty of it. I took these pictures yesterday while I was driving around. I was driving past Shute Park and I have always thought this statue was pretty cool, but it looked even more beautiful in the snow. Very serene. I love it. The brisk nip in the air, the purity of the white....its just a magical thing. I'm sure people in Buffalo, New York might disagree with me...too much snow isn't necessarily a good thing, but for now I am thoroughly enjoying it.

No comments: