
I love it. I really do love it. Really. BUT.......I am starting to get some major cabin fever. You can only eat so many Christmas cookies, watch so many Christmas movies, and take so many catnaps before you start to feel a little caged in. I tried taking a walk today, but there was so much ice on top of the snow that my feet broke through it every time I tried. I tried feeding the poor little birdies a half a slightly stale croissant because I figured they might be cold out there...dang birds flew right by the thing!!!! So I had to go back outside and retrieve the croissant...on the ice...in the cold...its almost 1 am, and I am not exactly sleepy...but I am not sure I am making much sense. WELL tomorrow isn't supposed to be much better, but I'm gonna try and dig my car out, or strap some tennis rackets to my feet and pretend they are snow shoes...something!!!!! I am starting to understand why pioneers made songs up about sweet springtime and the daffy-down-dillies that bloom in May. I am starting to get it. I feel like I am in a cabin waiting for the "big thaw"! Still have power, though. This time tomorrow, mom and I could be playing scrabble by the light of a kerosene lamp! Let it melt, let it melt, let it melt (just enough to drive because I still think the snow is purdy)
2 comments:
Hang in there girl. It's 33 here so hopefully some of our 20" will melt :-) I agree that we want a little to melt, but not too much. This is really amazing weather and we've taken hundreds of pictures. Enjoy it as best you can and enjoy the "big thaw" when it comes!
Girl, its only ben a few days...you cain't be gettin' cabin fever yet! Why, boys howdy, you still need to git out and and shoot a deer fer you and ma fer yer supper.
Post a Comment