Monday, October 20, 2008

"Thoreau" it away...

Sorry its been so long since I posted everyone...I've been a little disconnected this week. HOWEVER...I just threw over 10 pairs of shoes away...yep, just chucked 'em. Thus the little nod to my friend Henry David in my title. I am not what you would call a crazy fan of Thoreau's work, and I wouldn't say that I am ready to take up residence on Walden Pond, but I am needing to "simplify, simplify, simplify" and get rid of those shoes from 1999 that were such a steal that I couldn't pass them up but never exactly made it onto my feet...we all have those things, right? I have also purged my closet of unnecessary garments from my pageant days. It feels grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! I had so much superfluous stuff, I didn't remember the nice things I actually do have. There is no need to wait till Spring to do a little "spring cleaning"!

No comments: