Sunday, October 5, 2008
Back to the books
So I am studying for my teaching exams. Since I am going to be certified to teach middle and high school, I have to take subject tests in each area. I am working on Social Studies right now, and that covers a lot of ground. I feel like I am back in High School again. I checked out some children's books on world history and I'm going all the way back to the ancient times. Right now I am on the Minoan civilization....I have a long way to go. There's a lot to remember again. Its amazing how much you actually forget in college!!! Sometimes I think I was smarter when I was seventeen...anyway, I am actually having quite a good time with it. I love to curl up in a snuggly robe with a cup of tea and study. After Social Studies comes English Composition and Lit, and then I am going to try my hand at the French test and see how I do. I figure the more I am qualified to teach, the less likely I am to be let go if the budget gets tight. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment