



Saturday turned into a surprisingly wonderful day. Sometimes the simple pleasures really are the best IF you have the ability to see them for what they are. What started out as a trip to the fire department ended up being a day filled with fun and family. Yes, Graham did get to ride the fire truck and he loved it, but then we took a trip to Firpoint Farms in Aurora and the Flower Farm in Canby. Not only did he get the ride on the fire truck, but he rode a horse, went down a hay slide, walked through a pitch black hay maze with our cousin Lindsey (which I confess was a little spooky for me!!!) rode a pumpkin train, and got to be a noisy little boy having a day of pure fun. I loved watching him light up with happiness at every little thing. He and Lindsey are pals and she is so good with him. The most fun for me was having my family with me. Its rare that we all get together anymore...mom, sister, uncle, cousin, nephew...and when we do, its usually for a quick dinner and hello because we all have busy lives. But Saturday was different. I don't think I looked at my watch hardly at all. We didn't get out of the house until nearly noon, but it was one of those days that crept by slowly. We did a lot in a little bit of time, but didn't feel rushed. Maybe I am rambling, but that is soooo rare that I just treasured it. I love my family so much and I miss being together like the old days. I guess I am just feeling thankful to God for the people I love.
Oh...and apple cider donuts are worth the calories. Mmmmmmmmm
No comments:
Post a Comment