I am a girl of contradictions. I am very conservative, but I am also a little bohemian too. I've been convicted about something lately. I am tired of paying high prices for things that are made in countries that promote slave labor or pay workers less than a living wage. I am trying, whenever possible, to buy items produced in the US, Canada, Europe, or items that are hand made by craftsmen. To be completely purist about this is utterly impossible and would cost a small fortune. Its impossible to know where "everything" you are using comes from. However, I am making changes where I can. Last night, I got on Etsy.com, a handmade website, and purchased a lunch tote that is incredibly cute and perfect for my needs.
Last night I had an "episode" that was a little scary. I've always gotten cranky when I needed food, but occasionally and pretty severely yesterday, I get dizzy and clammy and pale and just start crying out of the blue....so I need to eat regularly and keep snacks with me all the time... loooooooow blood sugar. BUT who wants to carry a diaper bag around all day with food in it???? I found one that looks like a purse but its insulated for food. It only cost me $18.50 and its going to the person who made it, and that makes me very happy. I will post a picture of it when it comes. Hopefully I will be able to meet this personal challenge and make a small difference in the world too.
No comments:
Post a Comment