For years, I have been the culinary flop of the family. Its turned into somewhat of a joke. I come from a very long line of good cooks. Friends of my sister and myself would magically turn up around dinner time while we were growing up....it was like they could smell it. My grandma and mom are true midwestern cooks, with a pinch of southern influence and a dash of German favorites...chicken and FLAT dumplings, sweet iced tea, ribble soup with homemade noodles....mmmmm the list goes on. But the line of great cooks ended with me...so I thought.
My friend Heather, who has been a lifelong friend of our family and one of my sister's closest friends of all time, began selling DeMarle cookware last year. I had heard of the famous Silpat cooking sheet they make, but I confess I was in the dark about the other products. Always skeptical of direct sales approaches but willing to try something new, I went to a party she and Christie were hosting.....I was so impressed with what I saw. It is flexible silicon bakeware made in France but its NOTHING like the silicon you buy in the store. I could go on and on but for the sake of brevity I wont. However, to give you an idea, Subway bakes their bread on DeMarle, which gives you an idea of the results you get....professional, quality results with even baking every time.
So this flop bought a silpat with perforated cooking sheet, a pastry bag (feeling pretty ambitious!!!!) and a fluted loaf pan...plus a cookbook which I won at the party. In the past two nights, I have made some delectable goodies...Ukrainian tea cookies with raspberry jam centers, and a turkey meatloaf, that was quite frankly...out of this world good. I have to give the credit to DeMarle...no joke....and to the fact that my sister told me eggs are better cooked on low heat...who knew? That opened up a whole new world for me. I kept wondering what was wrong with the dang eggs...guess it was the fact I was cooking them on high. Patience old girl! (That is something I don't have in spades, but I am improving and concentrating on my cooking is helping me along.)
I cant wait to add to my DeMarle collection and continue the family line of culinary greatness. Until then...a bientot!
1 comment:
Heidi! I am thrilled that you are enjoying your DeMarle products so much! You'll be a culinary queen in no time!
Make sure you complete your wish list on my website so that your friends and family can access it; we're getting closer to the holidays . . . great gift ideas!
Sign up at www.Heather.DemarleAtHome.com
Oh, it just warms my heart that you're loving this so much! It seems that all things French just fit you! Any French men out there???
Post a Comment