It was such a glorious week having my family with me. Christie, Heath, and now almost four year old Graham, who descended on Peppy's house with all the energy of a completely uninhibited little boy. Growing up with a sister, you really don't have any concept of the energy little boys possess. At random, they will beat their chests and roar, laugh like maniacs, and do "Mr. Crazy" dances with their eyes crossed till they fall over. I LOVED IT! He is growing up so fast, and I am treasuring these times with him. Christie said something really profound about little boys, that I completely understood. She said that there is something tender and bittersweet about little boys at this age. I felt it too. Little girls grow up pretending they are princesses, and in some ways never stop being princesses, at least if they find the right man someday to protect and cherish them in that special way...the way God intended it to be. But boys become men. Yes, they still like watching cartoons, and Nathaniel still starts drooling when he sees Toys R Us, but boys become the protectors of the world; the soldiers fighting wars, the bread winners, the last ones on the lifeboat. Its such a small window of time when we can actually protect our little boys. Its a time to be cherished.
My friend Laila suggested that I write down all of Graham's "isms". She is the oldest in her family and has three younger brothers, and wishes she had written down all the cute things her little brothers said and did. I'm taking her advice, and now the trick is going to be remembering them all, because there are so many! I do know that everything was about poop this time. Poopy this and poopy that....Oh, as things come to me, I'll write them down. He still pronounces his Ls as Ys...the day he gets that right will be a sad one for me.
Signing off for now, but as Graham would say...
I really yike my family!
1 comment:
Yes, little boys are rare gems! They do grow up so, so fast:(. I love this post - Helena (my granddaughter), is 4, going on 24-lol! She pronounces her y's as l's - as in lellow. I too, will miss it when she looses the "cuteness" in the way she speaks. It's not fair. Thanks for the complements on my blog! Feel free to "drop in" any time. Give Christie and Graham and Heath a big hug for me! I miss them. Yes, we did meet - I remember how the guys were tripping over their tongues - (wink! ! !) at the Old Mill Crab house when you came with Christie.
Enjoy your visit with your sister!Have a great week!
Post a Comment