Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles...




Alright, my life really does consist of more than trips to the park on brilliant sunny days...but since I am now...ahem...seeking employment, I sometimes find I have a little time on my hands. Plus, these pictures were so dang cool I had to post em. I am thoroughly enjoying the little bit of summer we have left. These pictures were taken yesterday outside the Beaverton Library in the park. Graham chased the bubbles all over the place and loved it. Then I went to a special ceremony that the library was having. Beaverton just recently reinstated the Sister Cities program, and one of our sister cities is in the French Alps. The mayor of Cluses, France, his wife, and a few other officials came to Beaverton to donate 200 books for a new French language and literature section in our library...so of course I had to go. I ended up speaking to the mayor's wife. She was so sweet and told me all about her region...and we were speaking French!!! It was thrilling. Its been so long since I've been able to converse with someone. Admittedly, my French was a little bit broken, but she understood me well. I guess that's the whole point. I beat myself up because my French isn't perfect, but the whole purpose of learning a language is to communicate and break down barriers, and that's what we did. It was exhilirating.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow Heidi, what a cool experience! Those pictures are awesome too. You just never know where God is going to take you. Maybe France?