I have been in my "thinking" mood for a while. I get that way. Sometimes I need to think and ponder...then I write. I've made a life decision this week and now I feel its time to share. I have decided to go back to school and become a teacher. It will only take me one year. Why is this????? Several reasons. First...the shallow reason. I love the idea of having my summers off..who wouldn't want three glorious months to go travel, take a knitting class...anything? My less shallow reason...I think I could make a difference in people's lives. I love learning...I always have. Growing up, wasn't life always better when you had a completely amazing and energetic teacher?? From the time you are 5 years old to the time you are ready to strike out on your own, your life is, in many ways, in your teacher's hands...at least from 8 to 3. ;-)
I have had a difficult few years...those who know me best understand why. In high school, I was voted "Most Likely to Succeed." Sounds silly, but it meant a lot to me, and I have felt like I haven't quite lived up to that. But I suppose success is all in your definition of it. Today, as we watch the economy teeter and totter, and people who have it all on the verge of losing it all..well, I guess we are all just a breath away from not being "successful". I always wanted to be corporate giant this, or superstar singer that...but I just hasn't happened for me, and maybe it wont. But that's ok...its more than ok. I have a plan and I"m sticking to it...unless God leads me elsewhere, which He has a funny way of doing. The long and short of it is this. I am learning to be content. And I am learning you don't have to be enormously rich, powerful, or famous to make a difference in people's lives. I am going to bloom where I am planted...and who knows what wonderful things could be in store??? Oh, and if you are curious...I want to teach middle or high school.
No comments:
Post a Comment