Thursday, March 26, 2009

2009---Yep, I was right


I knew that 2009 was going to be a different year for me. A better year. I had no idea how true that was going to be. Of course, we're only getting started, and who knows what the road will bring. But I am blessed beyond belief. Here are just some of the things that God has blessed me with.

I am working at a local radio station as a morning show co-host and I love it. I co-host a conservative talk radio show in the morning with Jeff Kropf, a former State Representative here in Oregon, that I met several years ago while making my pageant appearances across the state. By a rare stroke of luck ( or Providence, you be the judge) my friend Richard happened to be working for Jeff and we all reconnected at the right time. He was looking for a co-host...I was unemployed...so there you have it!!!! It's been a life long dream of mine to be on the radio, and I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity.

My journey with the ARMY has also taken a positive turn. I found out earlier this year that I received a disability rating of 40%. I know that doesn't sound like good news, but believe me, it is. I will finally have health benefits and the ability to go to grad school and have it paid for, while recieving a monthly stipend for living expenses. It will more than likely make law school a definite for me, and I wont have to work while I am going...something I did not think was possible for me.

My sister is having a baby...this speaks for itself, right? I am so incredibly in love with the feisty, intelligent, playful, animated little Graham...that I can't wait for another addition to our family.

AND...the man in the picture above! Nathaniel....the male version of me. I can't believe that I have lived this long without knowing him. He's everything I could have wanted and more. He is my best friend, and my support. I can be completely myself around him. And I thought going on match.com was a dumb idea! Thank you Mom! I bow to your superior wisdom. He was worth all the searching. I love him dearly.

How is that for a start to 2009???? Sorry for not posting for so long...I've been too busy...living, as they say!

God never forgets us. In good times or bad. And every painful episode teaches us a lesson and makes us stronger...I had to have 2007 and 2008 to really appreciate 2009. I've been thinking of my Grandma Dee a lot lately.It was two years ago yesterday that she passed away, and I miss her. I wish she were here to see where I am going and to take part in all of this. I know that she knows, and she is happy because she is with the LORD and there is no more pain or suffering and she is young again.

Whew....A LOT to catch up on. Back to blogging for me!!!

Love
Heidi

1 comment:

Christie said...

Thank you little sis for being who you are. Wonderful update!